Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, Lake Havasu and Fort Mohave
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 1:36 AM MDT on July 31, 2015
Expires 8:15 AM EDT on July 31, 2015
... A Flood Warning remains in effect until 515 am MST Friday for
southwestern Mohave County...
At 132 am MST... local law enforcement reported flooding across the
warned area. Highway 95 was reported closed by Mohave County
officials between mile markers 1 and 4 as water from the Sacramento
wash has crossed the Road. Runoff from heavier rain that fell in the
afternoon and evening on Thursday will continue to create rapid
flows in the Sacramento wash through the rest of the night as water
continues to flow down The Wash toward the Colorado River.
Some locations that will experience flooding include...
* Highway 95 at the Sacramento wash
* areas along the Sacramento wash
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flooding is observed act quickly. Move up to
higher ground to escape flood waters. Do not stay in areas subject to
flooding when water begins rising.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 3471 11447 3476 11455 3478 11416 3471 11416
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:50 AM PDT on July 31, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from 11 am PDT /11 am MST/ this
morning through this evening...
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of northwest Arizona...
southeast California and Nevada... including the following
areas... in northwest Arizona... Lake havasu and Fort Mohave...
Lake Mead National Recreation Area... northwest deserts and
northwest plateau. In southeast California... Death Valley
National Park... eastern Mojave Desert... eastern Sierra
slopes... Owens Valley... western Mojave Desert and White
Mountains of Inyo County. In Nevada... Esmeralda and central
Nye County... Lake Mead National Recreation Area... Las Vegas
Valley... Lincoln County... northeast Clark County... Sheep
Range... southern Clark County... Spring Mountains-Red Rock
Canyon and western Clark and southern Nye County.
* From 11 am PDT /11 am MST/ this morning through this evening.
* A high moisture content remains in place in the atmosphere across
the area. Any stronger or slower moving thunderstorms could
unleash heavy rainfall in a quick period of time. Rainfall totals
of 1 to 2 inches in an hour or less... with locally higher
amounts... are possible in some cases.
* Impacts... roads could be closed due to water flowing over them as
well as mud and rocks washing onto them. Roadway pavement may be
washed away. Some dirt and secondary gravel roads could be washed
out. Rapid rises in washes could also occur leading to flash
flooding downstream. Any burn areas... such as the CArpenter 1 burn
area on Mount Charleston... could also see debris flows take place
if heavy rain falls on or runs onto the burned landscape.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report