Los Angeles Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Teller County/Rampart Range above 7500fT/Pike's Peak Between 7500 And 11000 Ft
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 7:09 PM MDT on July 24, 2014
Expires 9:45 PM EDT on July 24, 2014
604 PM MDT Thu Jul 24 2014
... The Flood Advisory remains in effect until 815 PM MDT for west
central El Paso County...
At 704 PM MDT... Doppler radar indicated only a few light rain
showers were falling across the Waldo burn scar.
Some U S g S gage reports as of 704 PM...
Upper Queen Canyon near Ormes Peak... 0.56 inches.
Sand Gulch above Chipita Park... 0.36 inches.
Upper Williams Canyon above Manitou Springs... 0.47 inches.
All creeks coming out of the Waldo burn scar will likely be
experiencing high flows through at least 800 PM.
Lat... Lon 3897 10487 3891 10485 3884 10490 3892 10502
... The Flood Advisory remains in effect until 745 PM MDT for western
El Paso County...
At 602 PM MDT... the upper Williams U S g S gage has reported 0.35
inches of rain has fallen.
More showers and storms... some producing heavy rain... were moving
towards the burn scar from the southwest... and will move over the
burn scar between 615 PM and 635 PM.
Some locations that will experience flooding include...
western Colorado Springs... Manitou Springs and Cascade.
Just a small amount of rainfall on a burn scar can lead to flash
flooding. Water that is normally absorbed by the soils and
vegetation... runs off almost instantly. This causes creeks and
drainage areas to flood at a much faster rate than normal. In
addition... the soils in a burn scar become unstable when it rains...
sometimes resulting in debris and Falling Rock. Roads can be washed
out by the force of the rushing water and debris.
Lat... Lon 3898 10487 3885 10489 3888 10498 3892 10498
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:26 PM EDT on July 24, 2014
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Heat Advisory
- Kansas - Heat Advisory
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Heat Advisory
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tornado Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tornado Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement