Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Big Island North and East
High Surf Warning
Statement as of 5:34 PM HST on August 30, 2015
... High surf warning remains in effect until 6 PM HST Tuesday...
A high surf warning remains in effect until 6 PM HST Tuesday.
* Surf... along east facing shores... rising to 12 to 20 feet
tonight and Monday.
* Impacts... very high... expect ocean water surging and sweeping
across beaches... coastal benches... and lava flows creating the
potential for impacts to coastal properties and infrastructure...
including roadways. Powerful longshore and rip currents will be
present at most beaches. Large breaking waves and strong
currents may impact Harbor entrances and channels causing
challenging boat handling.
These dangerous conditions mean that only highly experienced
persons should enter the water. Inexperienced persons should
remain off beaches and adjacent beachfront areas. Large breaking
surf... significant shorebreak... and dangerous currents make
entering the water very hazardous. Anyone entering the water
could face significant injury or death.
Statement as of 4:30 PM HST on August 30, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A record high temperature of 89 degrees was set at Hilo hi today.
This breaks the old record of 88 set in 2007.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory
- Indiana - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- Ohio - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report