Los Angeles Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Central and Southern Lewis and Clark
Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:36 AM MDT on March 10, 2014
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 3 am MDT
Tuesday for Kings Hill and Elk Park Pass and higher
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from noon today to
3 am MDT Tuesday for the foothills and lower elevation passes...
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow at Kings Hill and Elk Park
Pass remains in effect until 3 am MDT Tuesday. A Winter Weather
Advisory for snow for the foothills and lower elevation passes
remains in effect from noon today to 3 am MDT Tuesday.
* Timing and main impact: heavy snow will continue in the higher
mountains with rain prevailing at lower elevations through this
morning. Snow levels will fall through the day causing rain to
change over to snow over the plains. Wet heavy snow will make
travel and outdoor activities dangerous at pass level and above.
* Snow accumulations: one to two feet of snow can be expected
in the high mountains. Eight to twelve inches of snow will
affect Kings Hill Pass and Elk Park Pass. Lower elevation
passes... White Sulphur Springs and Lower Mountain areas
will likely receive two to six inches of snow. However... only
light snow amounts are expected at lower elevations.
* Visibility: visibility could be less than one half mile in
* Other impacts: wet and cold weather will result in dangerous
conditions for Newborn livestock.
* Locations affected include: White Sulphur Springs... Boulder...
Boulder Hill... Elk Park Pass... Homestake pass... Kings Hill
Pass... Flesher Pass... Lincoln... MacDonald Pass... Rogers
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
* To see a graphical representation of the degree of stress on
Young livestock please visit our web Page and click on the
canl link on the left side of the Page.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must... keep an extra flashlight... food... and
water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 10:45 AM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 5:45 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has extended the
* Flood Warning for urban areas and small streams in...
Lewis And Clark County in west central Montana
* until 345 PM MDT Tuesday
Warm temperatures today will lead to rapid snowmelt and could
cause water to come back onto area roads.
A weather system will bring periods of rain and accumulating snow to
the area beginning late tonight and continuing through early
Tuesday. This additional precipitation will keep water levels high
in area streams and creeks and will likely cause ponding of water in
low lying areas as well as poor drainage areas.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or has been reported.
Stream rises will be slow and flash flooding is not expected.
However... all interested parties should take necessary precautions
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4792 11307 4760 11279 4765 11255 4751 11228
4751 11205 4720 11204 4713 11179 4692 11179
4679 11149 4674 11163 4657 11164 4657 11203
4642 11232 4665 11232 4670 11253 4683 11254
4683 11279 4717 11279 4718 11305 4772 11317
Local Storm Report
03/09/2014 0621 am
15 miles WNW of Wolf Creek, Lewis And Clark County.
Non-thunderstorm wind gust m56 mph, reported by dept of highways.
56 mph wind gust at Rogers Pass dot on Mt Hwy-200.
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Winter Storm Watch
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Winter Storm Watch , Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Advisory
- New York - Winter Storm Watch
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory
- Vermont - Winter Storm Watch
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report