Los Angeles Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:19 PM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 6 am Monday to
noon MDT Tuesday...
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect from 6 am
Monday to noon MDT Tuesday.
* Timing... rain will develop Monday morning and will switch to all
snow Monday afternoon. The snow will continue heavy at times Monday
night and taper off Tuesday morning. The period of heaviest
snowfall will be Monday night.
* Snow accumulations... 3 to 6 inches of snow is expected. Snow
amounts will be elevation dependent... with higher elevation
locations in The Bull mountains and parts of Wheatland
County seeing the most snow.
* Impacts... heavy snowfall may make travel hazardous and may
pose a threat to Young livestock.
* Flooding impacts... liquid equivalent precipitation amounts will
be between a half inch and an inch. With above freezing
temperatures expected again on Tuesday... snow melt will begin
quickly and may cause additional flooding in locations which
have seen flooding this past week.
A Winter Weather Advisory can be issued for a variety of winter
weather conditions such as light snow... blowing snow... sleet...
freezing rain... and extreme wind chills.
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 9:21 AM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 4:15 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
The National Weather Service in Billings has extended the
* Flood Warning for...
snow melt in...
Golden Valley County in central Montana...
Wheatland County in central Montana...
Musselshell County in central Montana...
* until 215 PM MDT Tuesday
* flooding of small streams... locations along the Musselshell
river... and other low lying areas will continue for the next
couple of days. Some County roads remain impassable due to high
water... and others continue to have water running over them.
* The combination of rapid runoff and ice jams has resulted in high
water levels along much of the Musselshell river. The worst of the
ice jams appears to have shifted east of Roundup... and may impact
locations from near Musselshell to Melstone and north toward Mosby
today. Some bridges may be threatened due to backed up ice and
* Flows along the Musselshell river have decreased near Martinsdale
and Harlowton over the past 24 hours... but have remained above
flood stage at Shawmut and Lavina. A Pacific storm system is
expected to bring between a half inch and inch of precipitation in
the form of rain and wet snow Monday and Monday night. This
moisture will likely cause additional water rises... and extend the
risk of flooding across the area into Tuesday.
* Residents should remain alert for high water and continued low
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4675 10783 4668 10779 4660 10784 4659 10780
4649 10778 4640 10779 4640 10792 4629 10803
4625 10821 4627 10832 4621 10841 4617 10864
4615 10949 4619 10965 4622 10966 4629 11010
4661 11011 4676 10880
Local Storm Report
03/08/2014 0250 PM
1 miles N of Delphia, Musselshell County.
Flood, reported by public.
Ice jam at Delphia bridge... extensive lowland flooding
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Iowa - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- South Dakota - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report