Los Angeles Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Northern Park
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 9:19 PM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 6 am Monday to
noon MDT Tuesday...
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow remains in effect from 6 am
Monday to noon MDT Tuesday.
* Timing... rain Monday morning will transition to all snow by late
Monday afternoon. Snow will continue through Tuesday morning
before tapering off. The period of heaviest snowfall will be
* Snow accumulation... 6 to 12 inches of snow are expected. Snow
amounts will be elevation dependent... with lower amounts in
the valleys and higher amounts in the foothills.
* Impacts... heavy snowfall will make travel hazardous and will
pose a threat to Young livestock.
* Flooding impacts... liquid equivalent precipitation amounts will
be between a half inch and an inch. With above freezing
temperatures expected again on Tuesday... snow melt will begin
quickly and may cause additional flooding in locations which
have seen flooding this past week.
A Winter Storm Warning means a significant amount of snow is
expected or occurring. Strong winds are also possible. This will
make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 3:13 PM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 1:30 PM EDT on March 12, 2014
The National Weather Service in Billings has extended the
* Flood Advisory for...
melting snow in...
Park County in south central Montana...
* until 1130 am MDT Wednesday
* small streams continue to run high across Park County and some
roads remain impacted by high water levels and flooding continues
in the CLyde Park area. Warmer temperatures will cause additional
snow melt through tonight as significant snow pack remains over
the Paradise and shields river valleys which will prevent any
improvement in the current flooding situation.
* A strong storm system is expected to bring around an inch of
precipitation to Park County Monday into Tuesday. Up to half an
inch of this could be in the form of rain during the day Monday.
Rain will turn to a heavy wet snow late in the day Monday
resulting in 6 to 10 inches of accumulation.
* Any additional precipitation... especially rainfall will enhance
the flooding already occurring and will likely lead to additional
flooding. Rain falling over snow covered foothills and mountains
could lead to large rises on creeks and streams in the Paradise
and shields river valleys... especially those streams impacted by
the Emigrant and Pine Creek burn scars.
* Those that have experienced flooding in the past week should be
prepared for additional flooding Monday and Tuesday. Those living
near waterways should be prepared for rising water and make
preparations to prevent property damage.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4563 11079 4608 11079 4610 11048 4587 11029
4553 11028 4559 11046 4538 11056 4525 11078
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- South Dakota - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report