Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Ruby Mountains and East Humboldt Range
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 1:00 PM PST on December 19, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EST on December 22, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to
4 PM PST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued a Winter Weather
Advisory for snow and blowing snow... which is in effect from 4 PM
this afternoon to 4 PM PST Monday.
* Snow accumulations: 12 to 18 inches through Monday. Locally 2
feet on the highest peaks and northwest facing slopes.
* Timing: the heaviest snow is expected from late Saturday
afternoon through midday Sunday. The strongest winds are
expected Sunday into Monday.
* Impacts: travel to the higher terrain will become difficult
beginning late Saturday. Heavy snow and blowing snow will make
travel very difficult... and outdoor recreation dangerous...
Saturday night through Sunday morning. Snow and strong west to
northwest winds will continue Sunday and Monday.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that travel difficulties are
expected due to wintry conditions. Be prepared for slippery roads
and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving. For the
latest Road conditions call 511 or visit www.Nvroads.Com.
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory