Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 4:24 PM CST on November 26, 2015
Expires 8:15 PM EST on November 26, 2015
The National Weather Service in San Angelo has issued a
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
northwestern Brown County in west central Texas...
northern Coleman County in west central Texas...
southern Callahan County in west central Texas...
* until 715 PM CST
* at 419 PM CST... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. Radar rainfall estimates have been 1 to 1.5
inches during the past hour over northern Coleman County.
Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are possible through
715 PM. This will cause Urban and Small Stream flooding in the
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Coleman... Cross Plains... Novice... Glen Cove... Talpa... Silver
Valley... Burkett... Atwell... Cross Cut... May... Lake Brownwood near
Byrds Store... Lake Coleman... Hords creek Reservoir... US-283 near
the Coleman-Callahan County line... echo and Goldsboro.
This includes the following low water crossings ...
FM 2273 crossing rough branch...
FM-Rd 136 crossing Hords creek...
liveoak crossing Hords creek...
Colorado St crossing Hords creek draw...
County Road 482 crossing jim Ned Creek...
County Road 441 crossing Bledsoe Branch...
County Road 172 crossing little Pecan Bayou...
County Road 485 crossing Indian Creek... and
County Road 406 crossing Home Creek.
Do not drive through these low water crossings or any other low
water crossing with water flowing across the roadway.
Lat... Lon 3189 9881 3176 9971 3208 9971 3208 9964
3211 9963 3229 9912 3208 9912 3208 9893
Statement as of 2:12 PM CST on November 26, 2015
Expires 6:30 AM EST on November 27, 2015
..a cold and wet Holiday weekend expected across west central
What you need to know...
1. Moderate to heavy rainfall will be widespread across west
central Texas... tonight through Sunday. Rainfall totals of 2 to 5
inches will be possible and may cause localized flooding and
hazardous driving conditions... especially in urban and other poor
2. An Arctic cold front will move across the area late tonight
into Friday morning. Temperatures are forecast to fall throughout
the day... eventually falling into the lower to mid 30s across much
of the area. Highs on Saturday will remain in the 30s. There is a
potential of freezing rain along and west of line from Haskell to
Sweetwater to Sterling City Friday night into Saturday morning.
However... with temperatures forecast to hover near the freezing
mark... significant ice accumulations are not anticipated at this
time. Light ice accumulations may occur on trees, power lines, and
3. Motorists traveling north and west into the Panhandle and
South Plains will see a greater chance for icy conditions for
Friday night and Saturday. If you have travel plans... you are
encouraged to check on the latest conditions and forecasts before
a combination of a potent upper level storm system... an Arctic
cold front moving into the area... and the remnants of Hurricane
Sandra in the eastern Pacific Ocean will combine to produce an
extended cold and wet period for west central Texas.
The cold front arrives late tonight and Friday morning... with
temperatures falling through the day on Friday. Finally... the
remnants of Hurricane Sandra move across the area on
Saturday... with widespread rainfall likely. By the time the rain
ends Sunday... many portions of west central Texas will have seen 2
to 5 inches of rainfall with isolated higher totals.
A temperature shift of even a few degrees could make a significant
change in the potential for any freezing rain across the area. A
few degrees warmer would end the threat completely... while a few
degrees colder would increase potential for icing across the Big
Country and northern Concho Valley. The latest forecasts and
conditions should be closely monitored as we get closer to the
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning
- California - Coastal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Hard Freeze Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory, Flood Watch
- Iowa - Winter Weather Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory , Winter Weather Statement , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freezing Rain Advisory , Ice Storm Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Freezing Rain Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Montana - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Nevada - Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Winter Storm Watch , Freezing Rain Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Ice Storm Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Ice Storm Warning , Winter Storm Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Hard Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Watch
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Statement, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Ice Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Air Stagnation Advisory
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement