Los Angeles Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
West Virginia, Mason
Statement as of 1:28 AM EDT on June 18, 2013
Expires 2:30 AM EDT on June 18, 2013
... A cluster of thunderstorms with very heavy rainfall will affect
Cabell... Lincoln... southern Putnam... southwestern Mason and west
central Kanawha counties...
At 118 am EDT... a cluster of thunderstorms with very heavy rainfall
were developing over Lincoln... Putnam... Mason and Cabell
counties... moving north at 5 mph. These storms could reach wet
central Kanawha County.
Wind gusts to 30 mph and small hail are possible with this
thunderstorm. Very heavy rain will fall from this thunderstorm... and
will cause water to pond on roads and quickly fill roadside ditches
and small streams.
This thunderstorm will be near hurricane around 145 am... St. Albans
around 150 am... South Charleston around 200 am... Dunbar around 205
am... Institute around 215 am and Green Bottom around 220 am.
This will impact the following interstates... I-64 between mile
markers 6 and 53 in West Virginia... the West Virginia Turnpike
between mile markers 88 and 91.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause elevated levels on
small creeks and streams... and ponding of water in urban areas...
highways... streets and underpasses as well as other poor drainage
areas and low lying spots.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
You may report significant weather by posting your report to the
Charleston West Virginia National Weather Service facebook Page... or
by using the twitter hashtag... nwsrlx.
Lat... Lon 3844 8234 3857 8229 3859 8219 3866 8215
3823 8152 3818 8165 3822 8164 3820 8175
3823 8178 3819 8182 3818 8181 3821 8184
3814 8188 3815 8193 3804 8199 3827 8232
3830 8228 3833 8230 3831 8235 3841 8250
- Alabama - Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
View your local ocean forecast and tides in our Marine Report.
See the latest severe weather alerts from the National Weather Services, locally and nationally, in our Severe Weather Center.